When the iconic science fiction television show Star Trek first premiered in 1966, humanity had yet to walk on the moon, and things like cell phones and the Internet were still decades away from becoming reality. Still, the groundbreaking show also featured an array of futuristic weapons, ships, and devices to go along with the countless habitable worlds explored by the starship U.S.S. Enterprise and its intrepid crew. This included things like photon torpedoes, food replicators, warp drives, phasers, tractor beams, transporters, and even a universal translator, all of which added to the forward-looking and visionary aspect of the entire Star Trek universe. In the decades since the original Star Trek series, a number of those devices and technologies have moved closer to reality, while some others are already part of our everyday experience.
Search This Blog
- Did Ancient Egyptians Have Electricity?
- The Universe: Why Do UFOs Visit Earth & What Technologies Do They Use?
- Next Supervolcano Eruption Might Happen Without Warning
- Experiments Move Nuclear Fusion Closer to Reality for Space Travel
- Mammoths Still Roamed the Earth When Egypt’s Pyramids Were Being Built
- UFOs Disabled Weapons at Nuclear Facilities
- Nuking an Asteroid Might Save the World After All
- First Planet Found Outside of Our Milky Way Galaxy
- William Shatner Rockets to Space and Back on a Blue Origin Suborbital Flight
- Einstein May Have Examined Roswell UFO Wreckage
- Humanity Is Not Limited to a Short Lifespan
- The First Known Planet to Orbit 3 Stars
- The Man Behind NASA’s Warp Drive Program
- Billionaire Reportedly Invests in Anti-Aging Start-Up
- These Star Trek Technologies May Soon Become Reality
Top Posts & Pages
Archive of Posts
- 9,442 hits